Hex Head Cap Screws from Lightning Bolt & Supply
Hex head cap screws can be used for many different applications and are handy to have in stock. Commonly used in the construction and industrial manufacturing business, hex head cap screws are the choice hardware when wood or steel needs to be fasten together tightly and reliably.
These screws are designed with a hexagonal head and can be indispensable for certain projects because of their strength and durability. You can buy a hex head cap screw in various threads and lengths to meet your particular job requirements.
Often confused with hex bolts, hex head cap screws are different in terms of their manufacturing and application when used in a commercial setting. The screws are actually manufactured with tighter tolerances than the bolts, making them acceptable in most instances as substitutes for hex bolts but not necessarily the other way around.
We manufacturer and stock:
- Steel- Grades 2, 5, and 8
- Alloys- 18-8 Stainless, B8, 316 Stainless, B8m
- Metric- Class 8.8, Class 10.9, Class 12.9
- Specialty high nickel alloys- Monel, Alloy 20, Hastelloy, Inconel, AL6XN, Super Duplex, and MANY other alloys
General specifications for hex cap screws include:
- Flat washer surface directly under the head to meet specific tolerances outlined under ASMEB18.2.1-1996, creating a better seal.
- Noted radius where the head and the shank meet.
- Cold-heading process manufacturing is typically used when this hardware is done in large runs of standard sizes or it may be produced in a turned CNC operation.
- More details on the fastener specifications can be found listed under ASTM A449 and SAE J429.
When you need a hex head cap screw or other industrial grade hardware for your project, visit Lighting Bolt & Supply. You’ll find an array of commercial hardware and parts to fill in your inventory and keep your shelves stocked.
Why Lightning Bolt for Hex cap screws??
Lightning Bolt & Supply has been servicing North America’s industrial fastener needs for over 25 years. Since then, our focus on the production of high quality parts at competitive pricing has allowed us to become an industry leader. Our niche in exotic high nickel alloy fasteners include materials such as: hastelloy, Inconel, monel, A-286, 904L, Alloy-20, duplex stainless as well as many additional alloys.
Being centrally headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, we are capable of shipping to jobsites all over the world. Many of our industrial projects that we supply material to include anchor bolts, and also stud bolts of many different ASTM grades. These include B7, L7, B16, B8, B8M, stain hardened and many more. In addition to being an ISO certified fastener manufacturer, we were awarded “Corporate Supplier of the Year” by WBENC.
CALL: 225-272-6200 24/7